As always, Raw notes (no pun intended) as I watch this show probably so you don’t have to.
- Hysterical line from Elias about Anthony Davis which is so insanely over the top. Terrible heel who is hilarious. His face turn failed. It shouldn’t have. All he had to do was keep the same gimmick, except put him against heels now. WWE for some reason changes your whole act when the crowd cheers you so hard you got turned face to begin with. Very dumb.
- I hate WWE babyfaces, but I kinda like that Seth uses dirty tactics to fight the heels. At least makes him seem like he’s not an idiot.
- Man, Braun Strowman came crashing down to an anti-climatic end huh? Remember when was he was a shoe-in for the belt years ago?
- I low-key think Richochet vs Samoa Joe is going to steal the show on Sunday. Granted, that show might be a steaming pile of rhinocerous shit from the original Jurassic Park, but still.
- I’ll keep saying it: Lacey Evans completely outshines Becky Lynch every time they share the screen. This woman is incredible and needs the belt NOW. Stone Cold-light had her time and now it’s done.
- Serious question, when Becky Lynch keeps saying Lacey is “currying favors” is she calling her a whore?
- Shane McMahon is doing heel work that makes Ravishing Rick Rude smile in the afterlife.
- And Baron Corbin is right with him. So proud of Baron to rise to the top heel in the entire business. Nobody thought this when the balding biker was jobbing clean to Cena to open Summerslam a few years ago.
- Daniel Bryan comes out to make us all feel sick that he was sacrificed for the failed Kofi experiment. Bring me that hemp belt NOW.
- Drew McIntyre, who showed me flashes of monster-heel status when he humiliated Kurt Angle but has been more boring to me than Terrance Malick’s Tree of Life since, has a wonderfully scummy heel sequence by beating up old partner Heath Ledger for absolutely no reason after he desperately asked for a raise. Continuity!!!
- For about 0.00006 seconds I think EC3 could be in line for quality TV time until it kicks in that he is about to earn his paycheck by eating chair shots.
- Kofi says now he finally has Dolph where he wants him. In a steel cage where he can’t run. Except the whole stipulation is that you have to try to escape the cage. Kofi sucks.
- Here you go Kofi, remind us JUST SO YOU KNOW I BEAT THIS GUY AND THIS GUY SO I AM TOTALLY A LEGITIMATE CHAMPION AND WASN’T JUST GIVEN A BELT I DIDN’T DESERVE TO APPEASE THE INTERNET.
- Poor AJ.
- Shane McMahon needs the WWE title. Seriously. Did you hear that? Did you hear those ROMAN chants? RO-MAN RO-MAN RO-MAN. What is that? Like the 3rd or 4th set of Roman chants since fucking 2015? Including the cancer segments? That’s thanks to GOOD OL’ SHANE-O-MAC. What a masterclass of heel performance.
- Nikki Cross, much like Bayley, comes off as mentally retarded, not crazy. Sorry.
- Vince being a part of the Firefly Funhouse is hilarious. Please don’t fuck this up. Please. Please please please.
- The IIconics absurd Lebron joke is gold. The IIconics are gold. The IIconics need to never lose these titles.
- Jim Ross is right. We need time limits for matches. It just destroys immersion knowing the match has to end by 11:00pm.
- Also, no drama whatsoever when Bryan has Rollins in the LaBell Lock. By WWE rules, Rollins is an unbelievable pussy if he taps. Awful the way they book submissions.
- Hoping Rollins criminal clean win over the best star in the company means that MY BOY Baron Corbin is getting his well-deserved title on Sunday.
- And I mean — Seth totally deserved that chair beating at the end, didn’t he?